Quotable Quote of the Month

What does it take for Republicans to take off the flag pin and say, 'I am just too embarrassed to be on this team'?".- Bill Maher

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Funnies: SNL Spoofs the First Family and the GOP's Stance On Birth Control


On the February 18th episode of SNL, the guest host was former regular Maya Rudolph. Although I missed it last night (I heard it was very good overall), I did catch a few of the skits online this afternoon. In the first skit below, Michelle Obama (Rudolph) introduces her new campaign for fighting childhood obesity: a sitcom starring her family, their secret service agents and the vice-president.

In the 2nd clip, Seth Meyers and SNL alum Amy Poehler take on the birth control debate in the "Really?!?" portion of Weekend Update.





3 comments:

Josh said...

I love any time that Maya's on. Total underrated hotness! And, okay, so she's funny too.

But that skit where she played Kobe's wife when it was a little nipply in the studio that night....wowsa!

My friggin' internet is balls tonight for some reason. Comcast/Xfinity is overpriced garbage. But I'ma definitely check these out when I get a full bar.

Judi said...

Who said women weren't funny?! It was a good episode with many people dropping by to lend their support (Justin Timberlake must be an honorary cast member).

Malcolm said...

Josh: Maya was one of my favorite SNL regulars. To the best of my knowledge, she is the only regular to play two different characters in the same skit! She played Thelma and Wilona in a "Good Times" skit that also featured guest host Janet Jackson.

Judi: I have to wonder about anyone who doesn't think women are funny. By the way, I think you may be on to something about JT. :-)