Quotable Quote of the Month

What does it take for Republicans to take off the flag pin and say, 'I am just too embarrassed to be on this team'?".- Bill Maher

Monday, February 6, 2012

Final Results of the Recent "Who do you think will be the GOP nominee for POTUS?" Poll


In the recent poll in which I asked who you thought would get the GOP nomination, over 1/2 of voters think that Mitt's the man. Here are the final results:

Mitt Romney- 58%
Newt Gingrich- 33%
Rick Santorum- 8%
Ron Paul- 0%

At the time of the post (1/22), I was leaning Newt's way. However, January 22nd seems like a loooong time ago because I now think Mitt will be the nominee. Still, I don't think Newt will go away quietly. I'm also not going to count him out either. Newt Gingrich reminds me of something Bobby Ewing said about his older brother J.R. on the series Dallas. Bobby said something along the lines that J.R. is at his most dangerous when his back is against the wall. To me, that's Newt in a nutshell.


2 comments:

Trekkie4Ever said...

I know the numbers are against Santorum but I am still hoping for him to come out winning this thing.

If he doesn't, unfortunately, I will support Gingrich.

Malcolm said...

Leticia: Santorum did surprisingly well in CO, MO, and MN on Tuesday so he could prove to be more than the flavor of the month. Although I am obviously against practically everything he stands for, I do think he is at the very least a true social conservative (as opposed to Romney).

Were you the lone person to vote for Santorum in my poll? If so, did you vote the way you did because you want Santorum to win the GOP nomination or you think he will win?