Quotable Quote of the Month

What does it take for Republicans to take off the flag pin and say, 'I am just too embarrassed to be on this team'?".- Bill Maher

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tamron Hall Shuts Down Guest Tim Carney


On 5/11 during a segment of her MSNBC program NewsNation with Tamron Hall, the host had on guests Jimmy Williams and Tim Carney to discuss Mitt Romney's reaction to a recent story in The Washington Post which revealed a 1965 incident that occurred while he was a student at Cranbrook. Carney tried to flip the script and Tamron wasn't having it! The fun starts at about the 5:20 mark, but the entire segment is worth watching.


Tamron was absolutely right in the way she handled Carney. This is what all hosts should do when guests come on to these types of shows and try to set the agenda. What do you think?

8 comments:

Shaw Kenawe said...

I think she was wonderful! But then, I'm prejudice. I think Tamron is pretty spectacular in everything.

Malcolm said...

Shaw: I've been a fan of Tamron's for awhile. Her smackdown of Carney only made me like her more.

dmarks said...

I can't find one good thing to say about Romney's bullying, and plenty of bad. I don't buy the efforts of Hannity and others to equate this with Obama's past admitted drug felonies and recreational substance abuse (and the severe lack of judgement involved in that). That's a separate issue, if at all.

Malcolm said...

dmarks: That's typical Hannity. Even worse was him dredging up an incident from President Obama's elementary school days in an effort to paint him as a bully.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/hannity-panel-counters-romney-bullying-story-by-peering-into-obamas-bullying/

dmarks said...

He's still flogging it. And guess what? I listened the Barack;s audio clip as presented on Hannity. And to me Barack does not come out that bad at all.

Malcolm said...

dmarks: Hannity is a predictable partisan hack. If there are people in Hannity's audience who think the passage from President Obama's audio book proves that he's a bully, I feel sorry for them. Although I'm not a huge fan of Bill O'Reilly, unlike Hannity he is entertaining and can be objective on occasion.

dmarks said...

I admit I was a fan of O'Reilly, but then I became quickly disillusioned when this man who claims to be "looking out for you" was caught sexually harassing his employee. Attempts to find out the truth from him on this have only resulted in the 'no spin' meister giving nothing but spin.

Anyone who does this to someone is a real bad person. Whether it's a liberal like Clinton or a conservative like O'Reilly.

Malcolm said...

dmarks: I had almost forgotten about O'Reilly's sexual harassment incident. I do chuckle sometimes over the "No Spin Zone" and "looking out for you" lines because O'Reilly is a pro when it comes to spinning and he's mainly looking out for himself.