Quotable Quote of the Month

What does it take for Republicans to take off the flag pin and say, 'I am just too embarrassed to be on this team'?".- Bill Maher

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Directions


The ushering in of 2012 will see new directions for this blog. No, not that "New Directions"! What I mean is that we will be widening the scope of topics covered here outside of the area of race; a change I've been contemplating for a few months. Some of you may have noticed that the last few months of 2011 saw posts here that focused on religion, with no connection to race. Along with matters concerning race/ethnicity and religion, the blog will now include posts dealing with such issues as politics, gender, and LGBT.

With this widening of the scope of topics comes a name change. Going forward, the blog will be known as Progressive Soup. Although the name has changed, I've decided to keep the blog address (http://diversityink.blogspot.com/). If you have us on your blogroll, the only thing you'll need to update is the name. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how this new focus unfolds. I hope you'll join us on the journey as well.

3 comments:

Sue said...

This looks great Malcolm, and I love the name!

Shaw Kenawe said...

Mmmmm soup! Good going Malcolm.

Malcolm said...

Sue: Thanks! I was going to rename it "A View from the Left". However, it's taken by a Canadian progressive blog. I then started running other names through my head and thought Progressive Soup would be perfect because it's a play on the famous soup and it sums up what we'll now be doing.

Shaw: Thanks! The name is tasty isn't it?! :-)