Quotable Quote of the Month

What does it take for Republicans to take off the flag pin and say, 'I am just too embarrassed to be on this team'?".- Bill Maher

Sunday, January 17, 2010

MSNBC To Air Special "Obama's America: 2010 & Beyond"

On Monday January 18th (MLK Day), MSNBC airs the live two-hour town hall event Obama's America: 2010 and Beyond from 10 pm-12 midnight EST. Moderated by Hardball host Chris Matthews and featuring radio personality Tom Joyner, the special will explore race-related issues facing Americans today. If you catch the special (which repeats at 1 am EST later that night), please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section.

For more information on this event, please click the following link:

Obama's America: 2010 and Beyond

Below is a preview from the special in which three people of differing backgrounds give their perspectives on race in America.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

4 comments:

pjazzypar said...

I will definitely be back to comment on this discussion after I view the program. I recorded it, but have not had time to watch.

Malcolm said...

Pjazzy: Props to MSNBC because that special was amazing! Along with Chris Matthews and Tom Joyner, other participants included Stephen A. Smith, Irshad, Manji, and Melissa Harris-Lacewell to name a few. Although I watched it live, I'm glad I recorded it because it's worth repeated viewings. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the special.

clnmike said...

I think it's way too early for these type of reflections.

Malcolm said...

Clnmike: Although it's too early to say what the legacy of Obama's presidency will be in regards to race relations in America, I think taking a look at where we stand a year into his administration is OK.