Quotable Quote of the Month

What does it take for Republicans to take off the flag pin and say, 'I am just too embarrassed to be on this team'?".- Bill Maher

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Drunken Negro Face Cookies!

Am I the only one to find the idea of a bake good named "Drunken Negro Face Cookies" offensive? I received the below video in an email and it made me angry enough to "chew bricks". The cookies in question were supposedly used to celebrate the Inauguration of President Obama. On that day the cookies were referred to as "Obama Heads". The Greenwich Connecticut baker who sells these cookies does not see why anyone would have a problem with the confection and that the women (who happen to be Caucasian) reporting the story are overreacting. What do you think? Should all people find this appalling and racist or am I being overly sensitive?

Post a Comment