Quotable Quote of the Month

What does it take for Republicans to take off the flag pin and say, 'I am just too embarrassed to be on this team'?".- Bill Maher

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Victoria Jackson Voices Her Concerns About Communism to Bill O'Reilly


As readers of this blog may recall, I have occasionally done humor-based posts called "Sunday Funnies". Now today's post has its share of humor, but it's of the unintentional variety. Recently, Bill O'Reilly did an interview with actress/comedian Victoria Jackson in which she discussed her political evolution. If you're familiar with Ms. Jackson's actions over the last few years, you know what to expect. At any rate, here is what she gave us:



Her rantings are so obviously off the charts that it's pointless to waste time debunking them. In the aftermath of her appearance on The O'Reilly Factor, Ms. Jackson wrote an article on her website in which she discusses how her segment was deceptively edited by someone at Fox News. When I first watched the segment, I was puzzled by Ms. Jackson's reference to "them" when she was talking about communists. It appears she was referring to her children, but Fox News apparently edited this out. If this is true, Fox News made Ms. Jackson look like a paranoid lunatic for thinking there are communists in our government who are going to kill her for being a Christian. If we are to believe Ms. Jackson was the victim of deceptive editing, she's only a paranoid lunatic for thinking there are communists in our government who are going to kill her kids for being Christians. Ms. Jackson also mentions that her comments about books which prove President Obama is a communist were edited out as well. If that's true, the folks at the Factor may have done her a favor by leaving that nonsense on the cutting room floor.

We often hear conservatives (in particular, the ones at Fox) slam Hollywood for its liberalism. However, these same people cannot wait to line up and kiss the proverbial asses of Hollywood conservatives. Since Fox's raison d'etre is to promote the Republican/conservative brand, you'd think they would do a better job of featuring prominent and credible Hollywood conservatives. Although I disagree with their politics, I haven't heard anything outrageous from the likes of Kelsey Grammer and Gary Sinise. Why not invite them on more often? Maybe Fox has and their calls aren't being returned, I don't know. At any rate, how is Fox News advancing Republicanism/conservatism by giving the time of day to a washed up D-lister (at best) with zero credibility like Victoria Jackson? 

10 comments:

Tony said...

Excellent clip. Victoria Jackson's lack of career is because she's not funny, it has nothing to do with Communism-- actually it's the invisible hand of the free market.

This is also an example of niche marketing. She has a NEW book looking for a few thousand sympathetic morons to buy it, and O'Reilly helps her out. This is what Fox Noise calls 'News."

The Prophet Dervish Z Sanders said...

I liked Victoria Jackson on SNL. It is a shame she turned out to be so loony (politically).

dmarks said...

Kelsey last time I knew was a mild mannered and concilatory fellow, with more centrist than hard right politics.

And yeah who replaced Jackson with Sally Struthers?

You are a braver man than me, Malcolm. I can't stand the sight or sound of O'Reilly.

Josh said...

Interesting that with all the O'Reilly material to come out these past two weeks, this is the one that blips on the radar.

Not knocking, just a little surprised an O'Reilly post would go this direction.

I didn't see this particular interview, but I did see Miller come on after and speak about it.

I think O'Reilly has her on because she's a friend of Miller's. And as Miller pointed out, paraphrasing, it's hard to tell where she's serious and where she's being silly. Andy Kaufman.

But I do agree that, at least on O'Reilly's show, he should do a better job of representing the face of Hollywood conservatism. Although, he does often interview a variety of celebrities. Andrew Dice Clay, Rob Lowe, Bruce Willis, Jimmy Walker, Levar Burton, etc, and their views are always a mixed bag.

But anything that brushes up against religious themes on any news I try to ignore. O'Reilly treats people horribly if they're not religious, so that might have something to do with having Jackson on. Maybe her Christians-are-persecuted stuff is something O'Reilly loves. After all, one Christmas tree called a "holiday tree" sends him on a 3-month rant about the dirty, evil atheists trying to ruin America.

Anonymous said...

I for one love Oprah, she tells it like it is, especially when it comes to racism.

Malcolm said...

Tony: The dumb blonde shtick can only take one so far. After the performer passes a certain age, it just isn't funny anymore.

By the way, Victoria's book is currently ranked #292,787 on Amazon, lol.

Dervish: If you haven't, you should check out her appearances on the conservative online program Politichicks. She's not a regular anymore though. I wonder if she was too crazy even for them. The show now features another actress whose career peaked during the Rubik's Cube era... Morgan Brittany.

dmarks: When I was watching Victoria's appearance on O'Reilly, I was also thinking how much she and Sally Struthers look alike. As for O'Reilly, I can tolerate him up to a point.

Josh: This post is more about Victoria than O'Reilly. She just happened to be on his show. Because O'Reilly enjoys giving his unique perspective on race/black culture, I'm sure he'll give me something to touch on in the future.

I used to think Victoria was channeling Andy Kaufman with her bizarre political rantings. Not anymore though.

Josh said...

I don't know what to think of her.

I think I was kinder to her until I heard more of her. Like a dog barking -- it's okay 'til it's very suddenly annoying.

She scares me.

I'm always put off by people who leap to wild conclusions. Not that I'm not guilty of that often enough, but not to the point it gets into hoaxed moon landing and grassy knoll territory that Oliver Stone couldn't dream up if he partied with Hunter S. Thompson and Bogarted the mescaline. I gotta wonder if neurons can actually fire that slowly and infrequently.

I know this is gonna sound very right-bashing, and that kind of thing is usually something I reserve for uberleftists on principle, but this wacky chick is like Glenn Beck fell into Jeff Goldblum's fly machine with a Limbaugh bobble-head and an audio tape of McCarthyism for beginners.

Malcolm said...

Josh: Dennis Miller would be proud. :-)

dmarks said...

Dennis Miller is the only reason I intentionally watch Fox anymore.

The Prophet Dervish Z Sanders said...

Being on Fox is the reason I stopped being a Dennis Miller fan. Anway... is dmarks a fan of Miller because they share the same first name? (could have something to do with it, I think).