Quotable Quote of the Month

What does it take for Republicans to take off the flag pin and say, 'I am just too embarrassed to be on this team'?".- Bill Maher

Thursday, October 21, 2010

NPR Terminates Popular News Analyst After Remarks about Muslims


Well it seems that someone has fallen victim in the aftermath of the comments made by Bill O'Reilly on The View last week. O'Reilly gathered with invited political analysts to discuss his appearance on The View. Juan Williams, a popular news analyst, with an extensive background in civil rights reporting, made an unfavorable statement about Muslims. Williams stated, "I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the Civil Rights movement in this country," Williams said. "But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous." Read the article here.

I would like to pose these questions: Should Mr. Williams have been terminated for his statement? Is he just voicing the sentiments felt by most Americans?

Post a Comment