Quotable Quote of the Month

What does it take for Republicans to take off the flag pin and say, 'I am just too embarrassed to be on this team'?".- Bill Maher

Monday, October 4, 2010

Guest Post At Helloooo...... Mr. President, are you listening??


Sue (the author of the progressive blog "Helloooo...... Mr. President, are you listening??") asked me if I'd be interested in writing a guest post for her. After reading a post written by a conservative blogger about the Congressional Black Caucus, the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and other minority-focused institutions, Sue asked if I wanted to write a rebuttal.  You can click here to read my guest post.   I hope you are able to join in on the discussion.

6 comments:

ExpressoSelf said...

To write a post for all to understand is a talent. Thank you for writing!

Sue said...

I hope all your friends come by and read the post. You did a great job Malcolm, easy to understand with some great links too. Thanks again!

Sue

B.J. said...

Thanks for a well-developed argument, although trying to argue with ignorance is futile. You know, there was a point in the 20th Century when I really thought this country had come a long way toward putting racism to rest. Then, there was 9/11, Katrina and finally the election of Obama, and this evil aberration has emerged once more out of the very fertile ground of ignorance. Sad times, Malcolm, but keep bridging that gap. Thanks for the valuable information. BJ

pjazzypar said...

Hi B J,

Racism, prejudice, and discrimination never really go away, it just lays dormant during some periods. As you stated, certain instances and events eventually bring these social impairments back to the forefront.

Jessica The Rock Chick said...

Malcolm, what a great piece! Learned so much from it! Rock on!

Haven't had much time to blog or visit blogs. I'm trying to make that a priority again. I can see I have a LOT of catching up to do here!

Malcolm said...

ExpressoSelf: Thanks! By the way, I love your username.

Sue: Thanks again for asking me to write that post. It took effort, but it was worth every bit of it swatting down that nonsense that Malcontent wrote.

B.J.: Thanks! I agree with you about the racism. Ever since Obama became President, the racism from the right has been coming fast and furious. Sometimes they don't even bother trying to be subtle. If he is a elected a 2nd term, the crazy train the right is riding will really go off the rails.

Pjazzy: Good call. Racism will often simmer below the surface, but then something happens and "Wham!"

Jessica: Thank you very much! I know you've had a lot going on which has kept you from blogging. I've missed you because you always manage to bring a fresh take to a topic and present your ideas in an intelligent manner.