Quotable Quote of the Month

What does it take for Republicans to take off the flag pin and say, 'I am just too embarrassed to be on this team'?".- Bill Maher

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy 49th Birthday To President Barack Obama

Happy 49th birthday to our 44th President of the United States. Your 48th year was a rough one to say the least.  However, you kept your head up and forged ahead.  Here's to hoping the next year is a productive one for you and as drama free as possible.

Since this is just a simple birthday post, those who like to sharpen their daggers at the mere mention of the name President Barack Obama can keep pushing and save their digs for another post.

2 comments:

Josh said...

lol @ save their digs

Obvious glowing support will always be met with those daggers. Nobody's got 100% support in the public at large.

Perhaps folk are more respectful here. Or probably disinterested after learning the motions.

Happy birthday to Obama.

And I'm rooting for 2 more bday DI posts. :)

Malcolm said...

Josh: I put in the "save their digs" disclaimer last year as well. I almost didn't this year, but changed my mind because I didn't want to leave any openings for the Obama haters.

Personally, I think it's a waste of time to toss unprovoked daggers. I've seen conservatives do birthday posts about Ronald Reagan for example. However, since the posts aren't really political, I don't bother to tell them what I think of Reagan as a politician. I will say that I think he gave a very good performance in "King's Row". :-)