Quotable Quote of the Month

What does it take for Republicans to take off the flag pin and say, 'I am just too embarrassed to be on this team'?".- Bill Maher

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Ego Of John Mayer



I was on another site that asked if black people and women in particular should be offended by what John Mayer said in his Playboy interview that sparked some debate.

The highlights of what he said (and mind you dude had a whole lot to say in that piece).

“…it’s sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a nigger pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, “I can’t really have a hood pass. I’ve never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, ‘We’re full.’”

“…it’s sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a nigger pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, “I can’t really have a hood pass. I’ve never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, ‘We’re full.’”

Now let me be put on record as saying this dude's ego is GARGANTUAN!!!

The balls on this dude are a sight to behold!

I thought I could be a grade A douche but this guy right here..........

But that at worst is all he is in my eyes, I looked at the context of what he said with the N word and I can not bring my self to be offended.

You can argue if he should have used the word, which he shouldn't have, but you cant argue about his "pass" black people have been handing out black cards to anyone of another race who acts like he can sit in a room full of black people and not squirm.

Remember Bill Clinton was the first "Black" President, I didn't give him that title but there was some sorry black who did because he gave off the appearance of addressing the needs of black people and acted like he listened.

Mayer has been cosigned by black artist who have appeared on his records and he vice verse, giving hime the street cred he wants so he can be hip and they getting a door open to "white" money.

No that is a symbiotic relationship right there.

The black women part....ehh here is the whole little bit he said on the subject,

PLAYBOY: Do black women throw themselves at you?

MAYER: I don't think I open myself to it. My d**k [penis] is sort of like a white supremacist. I've got a Benetton heart and a fu**in' David Duke c**k [another word for penis]. I'm going to start dating separately from my d**k (penis again).

PLAYBOY: Let's put some names out there. Let's get specific.

MAYER: I always thought Holly Robinson Peete was gorgeous. Every white dude loved Hilary from "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air." And Kerry Washington. She's superhot, and she's also white-girl crazy. Kerry Washington would break your heart like a white girl. Just all of a sudden she'd be like, "Yeah, I sucked his d**k [penis yet another time]. Whatever." And you'd be like, "What? We weren't talking about that." That's what "Heartbreak Warfare" is all about, when a girl uses jealousy as a tactic.

This is t a little tough for me because unlike a lot of people out there I do not believe who you sleep with is a litmus test of your racial tolerance because you are attracted to your own kind does not mark you as the Grand Wizard of the KKK in my mind.

And because you like to give it to someone of anther race does not make you the second coming of MLK.

I think history has taught us that much.

So I cant work myself up to give this dude even a half a scowl.

No the real problem here isn't Mayer it’s black people, there is such a thing as a hood pass and there are fools giving them out with out vetting the person there giving it too.

There the ones cosigning and allowing the use of the word by whites because their buddies and everyone acts shock when things are taken too far.

There the hypocrites who call out a white dude for saying what some BLACK men have been saying, black men who they sit with and chat it up and call friends.

I didn't hear jack out their mouths when Young Berg came out his neck with I don't like dark Butts crack, or when Dave Chappelle talks side ways with the N word, ?uestlove genius ass sparked a race debate at the studios he worked for that got blamed on white people.

Naw, John Mayer ain't got jack to apologise for as usual it’s certain black people who keep throwing shade on themselves who need to be saying sorry.

John Mayer just has a big ego and I thank him for speaking his mind.

6 comments:

Reggie said...

I just finished reading the actual interview in Playboy a few minutes ago and I honestly don't know what this bastard was thinking when he opened his mouth...........

clnmike said...

I think the dude was set up by the interviewer, why would they get into all that at Playboy?

Judi said...

I personally thought his comments were in poor taste. In fact, I think my initial response was, "he's a d**k" (word for penis)".

BTW, it was my understanding that it was Toni Morrison who first referred to Bill Clinton as the first black president because of his background and how much attention he got for a sexual indiscretion. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I can't comment on the hood pass comment because....I don't know what that is.

Judi said...

FYI..I ran across this today on Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/17/the-9-douchiest-things-jo_n_465806.html

clnmike said...

Judi,

I think you may be right about Toni being the first one but I do not think she was refering to his sexual indiscreations, lol.

Thanks for the link.

Malcolm said...

Yes, John is proving himself to be a major douche. However, I won't put the blame on the Playboy interviewer. I think most interviewers will ask provocative questions, but most celebs are savvy enough to sidestep them or give a bland, diplomatic answer. I wonder what Kerry Washington had/has to say about Mayer's comments about her.