Quotable Quote of the Month

What does it take for Republicans to take off the flag pin and say, 'I am just too embarrassed to be on this team'?".- Bill Maher

Friday, October 21, 2011

Are Democrats and Republicans Playing Hot Potato With The Hispanic Vote?


As many of you know, the Hispanic population in the U.S. is booming and won't be slowing down anytime soon. With this population growth comes potential political power. The manner in which the Hispanic community wields this potential power remains to be seen.

The clips below demonstrate how neither party is doing themselves any favors in currying the Hispanic vote. In clip #1, Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks discusses how President Obama's policies on certain issues important to Hispanics could come back to haunt him. In the 2nd clip, a Hispanic conservative appears on Al Sharpton's MSNBC show to talk about why she has walked away from the GOP. Below the 2nd clip is a link to an article about the Hispanic community's past, present, and future role in American politics. 









Will Hispanics Take Over American Politics?

4 comments:

Michael said...

I fail to see any redeeming value in this blog piece what so ever.. Why are you picking on Hispanics? Hispanics have been plentiful in the American citizen population for maybe 75 years or more.
If you said that about Muslims, it would be called racism. . The Hispanics in America are as political conscious as Blacks are , in fact maybe even more so. Yet you seem to give more credit to Blacks and defend them to the hilt. Yet you seem to have such a righteousness agenda towards Blacks.

Does it make you feel superior to treat Hispanics as 2nd class citizens? Stop defending people just because they are black. You have written phrases about Black people who have done nothing for the good of this country such as the Reverend Al Sharpton and the Reverend Jessie Jackson and that stupid turd Samir Shabazz.
And just because someone claims to be a Reverend doesn’t mean that they are a leader of the people, to me those two characters are whore’s and race pimps, and racial hypocrites.
They do nothing for the people who are poor, they are only there to line their own pockets.
I expected better than this from you.

Malcolm said...

Michael: Ha ha ha! You got so many things wrong... I don't know where to start.

I want you to give me specific examples of how I denigrated Hispanics in this post. If you go back and actually read what I wrote, you'll see that I pointed out a simple fact: the Hispanic population is increasingly becoming a powerful voting bloc. Never once did I say or imply they are not politically conscious.

To say that I defend people just because they're black is a flat out lie. When I deem it necessary, I have no problem criticizing blacks (even if they are on the same side as me ideologically). Having said that, I'm not going to go out of my way to criticize blacks just to please the likes of you.

A few other things:

1. Muslims are not a race so if I were to criticize them, it would be silly to call it racism. At worst, one could call it religious bigotry.

2. How can someone be a whore and a pimp? That doesn't make much sense.

3. Your claim that you expected better from me is disingenuous. Not that I care, but you did nothing but run me down in your comments.

You are more than welcome to come back. However, you'll have to come stronger than you did in your first comments... that was some weak sauce.

dmarks said...

I read your post. I read Michael's comment.

Except for the reference to Sharpton/etc, it is like he is commenting on someone else's post by mistake. Almost all of what he said had nothing to do with the post.

He had an axe to grind about Hispanics and Blacks, probably triggered by something he read elsewhere, and he chose your post as a place to grind this axe.

Malcolm said...

Dmarks: I think "Michael" is a troll/spambot that targets liberal blogs. Yesterday, I was reading the blog "Parsley's Pics" and noticed that "Michael" left a similar comment to this one. You may have seen them too because you commented in the same thread.

http://parsleyspics.blogspot.com/2011/10/states-rights-right-to-be-poor-fat.html#comments

If Michael is a real person, an increase or decrease in meds may be in order.